Welcome to the Santa Fe Business Incubator (SFBI)!
We are delighted to welcome you to our Council of Business Advisors (COBA).
You will have the opportunity to meet, advise and coach our Client companies to help them launch, grow, and succeed. Whether it is business planning, financial analysis, legal advice, or go-to-market assistance (and more), we know they will benefit from your valuable skills, knowledge, and expertise. For an overview of our program and FAQ please visit: https://sfbi.net/frequently-asked-questions/
You will join 60+ Advisors from our region and beyond. All are dedicated to helping SFBI and our Client companies grow and succeed. We will be adding your name, expertise, LinkedIn profile link and picture to our Advisors web page.
Ways to Participate
- Category-specific Advisory Councils are held quarterly and are made up of industry experts, resource providers, business professional, and SFBI clients. The agenda for these meetings include program updates, industry news and upcoming events, and Client requests for assistance (RFA). This open forum format gives Clients and Advisors an opportunity to act as a sounding board for important company decisions while also providing an outlet to offer support and feedback. The categories are Process & Product, BioScience, Service, and Technology.
- COBA Roundup Meetings are a hands-on opportunity to meet our Client companies and learn about their pain points. (You will meet Advisors too!)
- Whiteboard Review Committees are formed to help Clients practice pitches, analyze decisions, review financial implications, and discuss current needs. These committees are held intermittently and are available by request.
- General Requests for Assistance are sent via email as they are received from the Clients. These RFA typically result in one-on-one mentor sessions with the Client.
What Happens Next?
- You will have an opportunity to attend a category-specific meeting
- Read Coaching Conversations - in preparation for 1-1 meetings with Clients
As an Advisor, you may be mentoring, coaching, or advising Client companies (or a mix of all three!), depending on Client company’s stage and business milestones. Our Advisors FAQ has the details.
Over the past 20+ years the Santa Fe Business Incubator (SFBI) has cemented itself as an economic driver, business creation center and innovation hub for Santa Fe and the surrounding area. SFBI is a non-profit economic development organization that currently houses three programs to assist premarket entrepreneurs, early-stage startups, and scaling, high-growth companies.
Our 30,000 square foot campus gives Resident Clients 24/7 access to a professional public-facing facility that provides flexible offices, labs, light manufacturing warehouse space, meeting, and training spaces. Shared resources include high-speed internet, reference library, equipment, supplies, a shared Bio-Lab, and a Fab Lab maker space. Affiliate Clients partake in the programs generated by the Incubator without occupying physical space at the campus and our pre-incubation program, Runway helps idea-stage individuals and teams assess market potential by talking with customers and business leaders for a ‘go / no-go’ decision.
Welcome aboard - and Spread the Word!
There are different ways we share important information about our programs, clients, and events. You can stay connected by following us on social media and subscribing to receive the SFBI Insider newsletter. We showcase all our Client companies’ news, updates and successes!
If you know of others who would like to join the SFBI Council of Business Advisors, let them know!