Due to a contract awarded by the State of New Mexico's Economic Development Department, the SFBI will be able to offer this program at NO COST to Solo Workers from November 2019 through April 2020. Upon completion of the contract, SoloWorkers will have the opportunity to transition into an Affiliate Client of the Incubator for $200/month.
By combining existing proven resources with new service elements, the Santa Fe Business Incubator (SFBI) is excited to announce the creation of our Solo Worker program. This program caters specifically to single member businesses, solopreneurs and participants in the gig-economy. The Solo Worker program takes the incredible resources and network connections the Incubator has built over 20 years of assisting high growth startup companies and focuses them on addressing the unique needs and requirements of solo workers.
Through this program SFBI will direct and dedicate its network to benefit individual founders. SFBI will act as an initial touchpoint in the community for solopreneurs and individual founders and help navigate them towards resources that are particularly applicable to their unique business and situation.
How does the SFBI define a Solo Worker?
A Solo Worker is an individual who self-selects to go into business for his/herself and the company idea originates with that same individual. A Solo Worker runs the company without the input of employees and intends to operate independently for the foreseeable future.
Membership in the Solo Worker Program will grant members:
- Access to coworking space at the Incubator
- Access to the Incubator’s meeting room reservation system to schedule meeting rooms
- Membership in the Solo Worker advisory council that meets quarterly
- Access to Solo Worker only networking events
- Access to Solo Worker only skills building workshops and seminars
- A dedicated solo-navigator to help them access resources and connections in the community
- A growth coach to help them grow in a sustainable way
- Fast track to client status at the Incubator if they decide to expand their company