Learn about the Venture Acceleration Fund
January 17, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Join representatives from the Regional Development Corporation and the Feynman Center for Innovation at Los Alamos National Lab for a discussion and information session on the Venture Acceleration Fund (VAF). VAF is a non-dilutive funding source for early stage technology and manufacturing startup companies in northern New Mexico who are on track to add jobs, grow revenues, or attract follow-on investment. The fund is known as some of the best money available in the region.
VAF financing is useful for technology and manufacturing companies that are not ready for equity investment, but unable to get bank financing. It is also useful for companies who will not need additional investment but can use a one-time cash infusion to achieve growth goals. Applications are accepted once a year in the spring.
At the session you will:
- Find out about the 2018 eligibility requirements
- Determine what the 2018 maximum award size will be
- Learn to avoid the most common application mistakes
- Find out about the 2018 application deadline and loan repayment terms
- Receive information on free upcoming workshops intended to better prepare applicants
- Understand what happens after you submit your application
- Hear success stories from past VAF awardees